Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

“I Want to Switch Off NTV and Daily Monitor, I Will Do It Soon” — Muhoozi’s Alleged Social Media Threat Sparks National Debate as Activists, Journalists and Media Watchdogs Raise Alarm Over Press Freedom in Uganda

A reported social media post attributed to Uganda’s Chief of Defence Forces, Muhoozi Kainerugaba, has ignited fresh debate over media freedom after he allegedly threatened to shut down two major news outlets, Daily Monitor and NTV Uganda.

In the widely circulated post, Muhoozi is quoted as saying he intends to “switch off” the two media houses, claiming he would proceed once he receives clearance from his father, president Museveni.

“I want to switch off both Daily Monitor and NTV Uganda. I will do it soon. I just need clearance from Mzee,” the post reads.

The remarks come shortly after the outlets aired reports examining Muhoozi’s online activity, where he has repeatedly drawn attention for controversial statements made over several years.

The coverage also referenced ongoing public discussion around the alleged abduction of former Kampala Lord Mayor Erias Lukwago, who has been at the centre of unverified claims circulating online.

Post a Comment

0 Comments